Sunday, May 13, 2012

Changes, Changes....

Hey guys!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend, and I hope that the moms out there have been shown lots of love on Mother's Day!  My sweet husband even bought me flowers today. As you may know, we don't have kids yet. So,when I asked why he said, "because you are the mom of my future children"!  I do love him so:)

Ok...so I've been hanging on to some news that I am very excited about:)  I will be moving to 2nd grade next year!!!  This is something that I have been wanting for several years now!!  I am sooo excited for the change.  I love my 3rd graders, but it is all I have ever taught, so I am excited to have some experience in another grade level! Also, where I teach, 3rd grade is PACKED with testing.  We take ITBS, CoGAT, writing test, and CRCT.  I am thrilled to experience a year without all of that:)  Basically all I can think about now is creating some fun things for 2nd graders!!! So,  I have taken the common core math standards, and planned a unit and/or game pack for most of them!!!! My first one should be completed in a couple of days. I have been working on it like crazy this weekend.  It is called "Raking Up Even and Odds"  It is fall themed because I thought this would be something to teach toward the beginning of the year. It will contain  3 lessons on odd and even numbers, several games, worksheets, and a scarecrow glyph:) When it is complete, I will be giving it away to 2 lucky winners!   Be looking for details on that later this week:) 

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay, congrats on your move. I've actually asked to be moved to 2nd, too. Testing/not testing was a big motivator for me, too. I'm hoping to hear this week if I can move. Wish me luck!

Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

The Colorful Apple said...

2nd grade is the best! Okay, I might be a little biased...but it is a great age. They come in as such little kids and grow SO much! Enjoy!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats! Grade 2 is my favourite grade. This year, my first year of teaching, I've had a grade 3/4 split class. I'm not sure yet what grade I'll have next year, but it might just be a straight grade 3 class. I should know by the end of the year...but hopefully sooner so I can start planning things for the fall!

Shelley at Rhymes With Purple

Mandy said...

Yay! Second grade! I am so excited for us!

Britney said...

Thanks so much for the encouraging words guys:) I am very excited! Mandy, I feel so lucky to be able to teach on the same team as you again next year!! You are such an inspiration!

Post a Comment