Friday, August 3, 2012

One product finished, and one in the works!

Well, my summer has come to an end.  This is my last weekend off:(  Our pre planning starts on Monday.  I'm sad for summer to end, but I'm so excited about teaching second grade!  I have been working in my room a little bit, and I definitely plan to share some of those pictures next week.  I can't wait to browse some blogs and see pictures of all the wonderful classroom ideas out there! 

I have been working hard to get a couple more products out before school starts back. The first one is created to teach a standard that we will be teaching during the first quarter in my county.  According to the common core standards, the students in second grade should produce, expand, and rearrange simple and compound sentences.  So I created this product!


Construction Zone: Students Building Sentences

This product contains three center activities.  All three have a recording sheet that you can use to assess the students. 

Center 1:  Constructing Simple Sentenes- This center contains sentence mats, word cards that are color coded for parts of speech, and recording sheets.  Students place the correct word cards on the sentence mats.  When they have completed all the sentence mats, they record their work on the recording sheets.  This center can be used multiple times because the students can use different word cards to make different sentences each time they use this center. I also think the students will have fun with this one because they can make silly sentences:)



Center 2-Simple and Compound Sort-This center contains eight sentences cards, a sorting mat, and a recording sheet.  Students sort the sentence cards into the correct category, and then they record their work.  


Center 3-Building Compound Sentences-Included in this center are simple sentence cards, conjunction cards, and recording sheets.  The students match up the simple sentences that go together, and combine them with the correct conjunction.  Then, they record the sentences that they made on the recording sheet. 


I think I will get a lot of use out of these centers throughout the year.  If you would like a copy, you can pick up a copy for $5.00 at my teachers pay teachers store!  However, I am going to give away a copy to one winner!  To enter just leave a comment with your email address!  I will choose the winner using a random number generator on Monday night! 

I am also in the process of working on a product that I am very excited about.  Many of you probably follow Mandy Gregory, and I'm sure you read this post about her AmAzInG Common Core "I Can" statements and assessment sheets. Well, she had many requests for a 1st grade and 3rd grade version.  I felt so honored when she asked me to team up with her on these.  She is working on the 3rd grade version, and I am working on the 1st grade version.  I am **hoping** to have these finished by the middle of next week!  I will keep you posted! 

2 comments:

Lisa R. said...

This is such a cute activity!! I would love it for my classroom! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure
fsuteach81@yahoo.com

Lindsay said...

This is a super cute literacy center idea! I would L-O-V-E this product!! I am also your newest follower! :)

Lindsay
http://primarypolkadots.blogspot.com
lindsaydflood@gmail.com

Post a Comment